Items for Sale

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Review On Jeric Salon @ Bugis Junction Level 2

Hi All,

Never thought that I'll ever go to a proper salon to get my hair done. But on 28th June 2009, Sunday, I had this serious mindset on getting my hair done no matter what.

Went down to my previous salon called 'Hairdo Salon' at Waterloo St, but was disappointed to find it close. My fault anyway. Had called earlier but no one answered. Foolishly thinking that they might be busy, so stubbornly head-down and be disappointed. Like I said, I was going through some kind of mind turmoil for a change. - just for my hair. weird.

Anyway, nothing can disappoint me! =) Head down to bugis junction and remembered the promotion that Red Salon had for the '09 GSS. So, searched for it, but found Jeric's Salon instead. It's actually the same, but of different name. Well, they are twins, to be precise. =)

Was greeted by the friendly staff there and told them that I needed advise. A hairstylist was presented to me. He was Paul. A tall, lean Chinese guy. Quite friendly. So, told him that I'm not sure whether I wanna have my hair reborn again or perm. He gave me a few advice and after 5 mins, decided to perm my hair! Digi way. =) Voila!

He walk me through my seat, asked what drinks I would like to have and gently say he'll be back. While he prepares his stuff, another staff, a Chinese female (no name tag, so, I'm not sure of her name =( ), courteously ask me to proceed to the washing area to get my hair washed. I LIKE my hair to be washed!!!!... =) It takes about 10 mins. Shampoo, conditioning, a little massage (a procedure for all salon).... it's sooo relaxing! weeee!.... =)

Back at my seat, Paul is already there, waiting to cut & trim my hair. Of course not short, just that he wants to add some volume at the top, while maintaining the hair length. Cool.

While he's cutting, the lady who washed my hair, prepares the props for perming. Paul then showed his final cut and ask if it's ok. Yup, once, and he did it well. So, perming starts. Paul and his so called assistant, curl my hair with the roller, and place sponge underneath it to prevent the heat from going through my scalp directly.

[It's really a good thing, cause the last time I permed my hair in Chinatown, they use a very very thin sponge, which I can feel the warm heat heating my scalp too. Ouch.]

After all's done, they put some treatment liquid on my hair and attached the digital wire into the end of the roller, put the timing on the machine and wait. While waiting time, they chat with me, accompany me for a while and gave me magazines as they were wanted by their colleagues.

So, waited, not bad, wasn't that long. 'Cause each time they check on my hair, they chat with me too.

Minutes past and finally my hair's done! But not finished. Hurhur. My hair's being washed again but was given a little treatment to so call make my hair softer...

Then, my highlight begin. Wanted to colour my hair but I permed, so, afraid that there'll be a tendency that the curl might go back a little straight, and not advisable by hair stylist, decided to get highlight only. He decides to highlight more area to cover my previous colours. Weee. It took 3 staff to highlight my hair. 'Cause I understand that they are rushing for time. But however, despite the rush, their service wasn't affected at all. They keep their cool and patients and continue talking to me. Especially Paul, sharing our adventurous moments we ever had personally.

What I like most about the service is that, there were no dragging, no time wasted and the friendly and patient attitude possesed by the staff. The way they manage their time was very well done. The assistant prepares the customers or the equipments for the hairstylist to do his job. Very well done.

My service started from 6.00pm and ends at about 9.30pm. However, I never feel draggy at all. They are very professional indeed.

Last touch-up was made after highlight was done. And another staff, the cashier cum hairdresser, came to me with my bills and asked if I would like to purchase anything. (It's a real common thing - the after service in a salon: to promote the products they are using.)

Well, the products are their own. Not L'oreal nor Shiseido etc. It's called Jeric's. I asked what are the products the hairstylist used on me. And was told that they used number 6 & 12. The price was $19.80 but they are having a 20% discount. So, to me, the price is quite reasonable and since I don't have any such products, without hesitations, I decided to buy it. Paid her from my seat and she came back with the products and present me Jeric Salon discount card. Weee!

Well, i took up the $180.00(without GST) package which consists of cutting, treatment and perming. The highlight was $120(before 20% less) (hairstylist given price). The price of the highlight was a little too expensive to me. But given that it's a so called professional salon, it's kinda acceptable I guess. On top of that, the additional of the products $19.80 each(before 20% less).

Total up = $330.00 (rounding off)

Fuuuh! My first ever most expensive hair done over the last 21 years I had lived. Hurhur. But honestly, though it burnt a hole in my pocket, the service, the hair was very satisfactory to me. And the product I'm using was quite effective. Non-oily, non-dry, long lasting. Great! I'll give my first visit to Jeric salon a 9/10. Kudoos to all the staff there who helped me. =)

I'll definitely recommend Jeric salon to any new comers. Just be nice and they'll be nice too. It's karma.

I intend to go back to Jeric for any hair treatment or hair cut in the future! And hopefully their service for my future visits will remain in a satisfactory way or even better! Shall update you guys if I do come back! =)

You can view their website at http://www.jeric.sg/HTML%20files/profiles.html

Well, photo? Will upload soon!

Cheers For now!

Liyana - Scmolphin - PsychoDevil

5 comments:

  1. wooo!!!!!!!!!!! glad u enjoyed it!! i think it's worth it eventho u burn many holes in your pocket..hehehhe..love you sis! - sya

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good place..will try it provided on u la hehehe...bleh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeric Salon does sound good... according to what I read here and on http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/jeric-salon-bugis-junction/
    Isn't $300+ a bit ex though? though of course there are quite a few treatments done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday To Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I’m Gabrielle from Beauty Undercover, a website reviewing beauty salons in Singapore
    While searching online, we came across your blog commenting on Jeric Salon @ Bugis Junction.

    Would you mind if we publish an excerpt of your blog post and link to your page here:
    http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/jeric-salon-bugis-junction/

    Your blog post would help others know more about an experience at the salon, make a better salon decision and at the same time, increase your blog traffic.

    Let us know and hope you have a great week ahead.

    You can reach me at admin@beautyundercover.sg

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Warm Regards
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete